What's Causing Your Tire Pressure to Drop in Pascagoula, MS?
As the colder seasons approach, many Biloxi will see a fluctuation of temperatures from night to day. Drivers will be more likely to see the "Check Tire Pressure" light in the AM. If that little light blesses your dashboard, you have to check your tires. If you choose to ignore it, you run the risk of being stuck on the side of the road somewhere in Pascagoula, MS. Why should you check your tire pressure? Here are a few additional reasons why:
- Extend Your Tire Life Your tires are made for very specific PSI levels. Over-inflation can cause unwanted pressures on the center tread whereas under-inflation can cause more wear and tear than necessary. Checking your tire pressure will ensure that these scenarios are less likely.
- Tire Pressure Safety 101 Your tires are the only thing between your vehicle and the pavement. Properly inflated tires keep you safer and help you keep control. Improperly inflated tires are more at risk for hydroplaning, which you never want.
- Optimal Fuel Pressure Means Optimal Fuel Efficiency Do you enjoy fewer trips to the gas station? We thought so. If your tires are at their optimum level of tire pressure, your fuel economy will go up since your tires don't have to work hard to reduce contact friction.
So, What's The Cause Of Tire Pressure Loss?
When the temperature can dramatically change from day to night, the air inside your tires gets a tad antsy. With temperature changes, the air inside your tires will expand then contact, trigging your tire pressure light to appear. Driving at higher speeds for an extended time will also cause drops.
How Do I Check My Tire Pressure?
The good news is that when you see an alert on your vehicle, it's easy to check your tire pressure! Follow these simple steps, and you'll be good to go:
- When your tires are cold, check them. If you can get to them right in the morning when they're still cold, you can inflate them without driving too long on them by hitting the closest gas station!
- Get quality pressure gauge. You can usually find a high-quality pressure gauge at your local gas station. However it never hurts to purchase your own online or in-store. Contact our team for questions about this.
- Make it a routine. For every 20 degree change in ambient temperature you'll see a tire pressure change. If you want your new vehicle running smoothly, take some time to look over your tire pressure every morning.